The 2022 Association of Fraternity and Sorority Advisors Annual Meeting will take place in person at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center located in National Harbor, MD (right outside of DC) from Wednesday, November 30 through Saturday, December 3.
This year’s Annual Meeting schedule and content was created to provide attendees an experience that complements four focus areas:
- Research to Practice: Using Effective Research Strategies to drive policy and practice
- Retaining Talent: Rethinking our work to support continued professional investment
- Creating communities of care: Advancing wellbeing, physical, social, and emotional health
- Working towards belonging: Investing in equity and access in the fraternity/ sorority experience
With new offerings added and reimagining of different components, this year’s Annual Meeting also aims to increase the number of compelling general sessions available, create new opportunities for dialogue and relationship building, broaden recognition, and bring quality professional development experiences to those in attendance.
Features of the 2022 Annual Meeting include:
- An opening and closing keynote
- A panel of higher education leaders focused on topics related to the future of fraternity and sorority life
- An increased number of Program Advances (pre-conference programming taking place on Wednesday, November 30) and eight educational session blocks, showcasing more than 100 programs tied to expanding knowledge linked to AFA’s Core Competencies
- The Exchange Lounge, a space for campus-based and (inter)national organization staff/volunteers to meet at their own pace for 30-, 45-, or 60-minute meetings
- Featured Educational Sessions curated from survey feedback from members designed to address skill building and problem solving in the profession of fraternity/sorority life
- The Hall of Recognition where attendees will learn more in-depth details about award winning programs, publications, and individuals
- Opportunities to participate in hot-topic discussions and problem-solving roundtables with other attendees
- Experiential learning and relationship building through off-site excursions, the Connections Kick-Off for new Annual Meeting attendees, and meal and activity meet-ups
- In-person graduate student programs such as Graduate Training Track and Project Job Search
You can find the Schedule-At-A-Glance here. We hope you’re excited to learn, reconnect, and think deeply about fraternity and sorority work at the 2022 AFA Annual Meeting. See you at National Harbor, MD/DC in November!
- Schedule-At-A-Glance (PDF)