Regional directors promote the mission and programmatic benefits of the association within their respective regions, supervise the activities and programs of regionally-based committees or workgroups, and promote the association to potential new members. Regional directors oversee the work of the Regional Membership Engagement & Recruitment Team in their respective regions.
The Regional Membership Engagement & Recruitment Teams are regionally based groups with goals of increasing and promoting AFA membership, promoting regional professional development opportunities, enhancing communication amongst/within the region, and publicizing opportunities and benefits provided to association members.
- Ongoing outreach to both current and prospective members.
- Identify and contact prospective members (i.e. personal phone calls, emails and social media).
- Promote professional development opportunities based in their respective region.
- Provide opportunities for Regional Drive-Ins.
- Report and provide updates on non-AFA related regional conferences.
- Keep a pulse on and report on hot topics of conversations within the field.
- Promote AFA Foundation fundraising efforts.
- Actively utilize social media to promote various AFA programs, resources, and opportunities.
- Membership within the association for a minimum of 1 year prior to appointment.
- Familiarity with the various benefits, services, and resources available to AFA members.
- Desire to reach out to prospective members.
- Be employed by an institution or organization in the region s/he represents for at least one year prior to appointment.
- Regional directors must be professional, graduate, affiliate, or emeritus members of the association.
- Regional directors must devote approximately 2-3 hours per week to assisting with regional project plans and association goals.
- Committee members will be asked to participate in monthly 1 hour team meetings.
- The time requirement will vary based on region size.