The Awards & Recognition Committee and chair recognizes those individuals who have maintained high professional standards in the advisement of fraternities and sororities, and who have excelled in educational programming, student development, research and experimentation within the profession. This committee also seeks to recognize individuals, institutions, organizations, programs, and publications that advance the interfraternal movement at the highest level.
- The chair will lead the Awards & Recognition Committee to the successful completion of the awards nomination and selection process.
- The chair and committee will be primarily responsible for the review and selection process for all submitted nominations. Additional “guest judges” may be selected by the chair where deemed appropriate.
- The chair, committee, and designated AFA staff member(s) will identify forums/marketing to promote the awards process and then execute intended marketing plans.
- The committee will assist in the development of the award winner biographies, script and PowerPoint/multimedia materials for the presentation of awards and any additional onsite needs of the awards presentations at the Annual Meeting.
- The committee will be responsible for the development of press releases and recognition letters to be sent to various institutions/organizations of award recipients.
- The chair (in consultation with Central Office staff) will provide leadership to the committee to periodically review AFA Awards & Recognition (including identified awards, selection process, recognition of recipients, AFA Standard Operating Procedures Manual, etc.) to ensure the awards process best meets the needs of the association.
- Participate in initiatives directed by the AFA staff or board of directors.
- Membership within the association for a minimum of 1 year prior to appointment.
- Knowledge base of the interfraternal movement allowing them the ability to participate in the selection of top awards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Represent the association professionally at all times.
- The appointment concludes with the distribution of all press releases and recognition letters following the Annual Meeting.
- Committee members should be prepared to serve approximately 1-2 hours a month.
- The chair will be required to give 3-5 hours a month.